Winner will be the first female recipient at 135 of the historic title with lineage back to John L. Sullivan.
BILOXI, MS – BYB Extreme Bare Knuckle Fighting Series and the Bare Knuckle Boxing Hall of Fame announced today that the main event for May 28’s BYB X in Biloxi, Mississippi between undefeated champion Paty Juarez and Biloxi’s Monica Medina will be for both Juarez’s BYB Lightweight Championship belt as well as the Police Gazette 135 Diamond Belt, just the 19th to be awarded in the organization’s 141-year history.
Said Scott Burt, President of the Bare Knuckle Boxing Hall of Fame and the Police Gazette Boxing Corporation, “History will be made on May 28 in Biloxi as I will have the honor and privilege of presenting a bare knuckle warrior with the Police Gazette Diamond Belt. This is a testament to the incredible contributions that BYB has made to not only advance our sport in the modern area, but in showcasing and elevating diverse talent in the process. Show after show, the lineup is stacked from top to bottom, and with 3 premier women’s matches on the BYB X card, it is only fitting the main event winner be crowned the Police Gazette 135 Women’s Diamond Champion.”
In addition to the main event, BYB Matchmaker Mel Valenzuela has announced the following matches (subject to change):
- Jordan Mitchell vs. Tony Lopez for the BYB Heavyweight Title
- Lorawnt-t Nelson Nelson vs. Ricardo Franco (BKB)
- Robert Serna vs. Mattia Fonda
- Sarah Click vs. Jamie Driver
- Joey Angelo vs. Brandon Johnson
- Randall Hedderick vs. Isaac Freeman
- Miranda Barber vs. Sonya Dreiling
- Mumia Abu Dey Ali vs. Nick Hawkins
- Spencer Ruggeri vs. Mark Irwin